This is the coursebook for ITM Consulting’s world-famous Best Practices in Electronic Assembly Workshop. Presented and well-attended at APEX, SMTAI, NEPCON-Asia, SMTPC-Australia, and IPC-Europe. Written and compiled by Phil Zarrow and Jim Hall with contributions by Joe Belmonte, Ron Lasky and Bob Klenke of ITM, this book presents a comprehensive perspective on problem issues is developed for the most currently critical electronic assembly process, materials (both existing and emerging), equipment, procedures, and methods. Most importantly, practical solutions are presented. Key issues that consistently result in assembly problems and low yields are identified and resolved. This book is intended for anyone involved in directing, developing, managing and/or executing assembly line operations including managers, line supervisors and line engineers involved in manufacturing, design and quality engineering.
- Introduction and Objectives
- World Class and Continuous Improvement
- DFM Considerations
- Solder Paste Printing Best Practices
- Component Placement Best Practices
- Reflow Soldering Best Practices
- Wave and Selective Soldering Best Practices
- Cleaning Considerations
- Inspection and Test
- Best Practices concerning “challenging technologies”
- Ultra-miniature components (0201s, 01005s, ultra-fine pitch BGAs and CSPs
The next best thing available to actually partipating with Phil and Jim in the workshop. Over 500 pages (slides) in color.